Job Description: IT Systems and Network Administrator
Are you passionate about technology and eager to contribute your skills to a dynamic team? We are seeking an enthusiastic IT Systems and Network Administrator to join our company and play a crucial role in maintaining and enhancing our IT infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of how computer systems and networks work, a willingness to learn, and proficiency in various technical areas. If you're excited about collaborating with a dedicated team, growing your expertise, and enjoying a healthy work/life balance, we want to hear from you!
- You are the person your friends and family call when something is not working right on their computer.
- You have an insatiable curiosity and lose track of time delving into the latest trends and innovations in IT.
- You’re a problem solver at heart, with a knack for troubleshooting and finding creative solutions.
- You know how to translate the tech jargon into a language non-techy people can understand.
- Your friendly and approachable demeanor makes you a great fit for customer-facing roles.
- You have lots of hands-on experience in building and maintaining servers and networks.
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats and are comfortable with a wide range of IT tasks, from help desk support to cybersecurity and beyond.
- When something goes wrong, or you discover you have made a mistake, you are excited by the opportunity to figure out what happened and fix it.
About the position…
- You’ll primarily work from home on both internal and external client projects and systems.
- You will be responsible for setting up, installing and managing Windows/Linux servers, including ensuring the health and functionality of server infrastructure, backups, monitoring performance and addressing issues that arise.
- We’ll expect you to jump in and take ownership of several projects and see them through to completion.
- You’ll perform a WIDE variety of IT-related tasks… you WILL NOT be following a script day after day.
- You’ll provide a great customer service experience to all.
- You’ll provide rotating on-call service after regular business hours on a limited basis.
- Collaborate with the IT team to ensure the stability, security, and efficient operation of our IT infrastructure.
- Assist in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of Linux and Windows servers.
- Manage user accounts and groups within Active Directory and implement necessary changes.
- Create and edit Group Policy Objects (GPOs) to enforce security and configuration policies.
- Administer Office 365 beyond basic application usage, ensuring optimal setup and user experience.
- Perform basic tasks within VMWare environments, such as cloning servers or adding disk space.
- Perform basic backup verification and restoration tasks.
- Stay updated on industry trends and best practices to contribute innovative solutions to the team.
You are the ideal candidate if you are …
- You are a team player.
- You are eager and unafraid to learn new skills.
- You are at ease working with computers daily.
- You are comfortable speaking on the phone, computer, or in-person with customers daily.
- You understand how computer networks work and how they are typically pieced together.
- You have experience working in VMWare ESX/vSphere/vCenter environments.
- You have 2+ years of experience setting up, installing and managing Windows servers.
- You have experience setting up SharePoint and Microsoft 365 environments.
- You have a willingness to take ownership of projects and hit the ground running.
About JR Vision…
JR Vision is a successful information technology company that provides support to customers. We pride ourselves on personalized service and making technology understandable to clients who may not have a technical background.
We’ve been in the Richmond area for over 15 years and strive to provide a work/life balance that is second to none. Please see our website for more details: https://jrvision.com
- Work/life balance focus with a 4-day (32-hour) work week.
- Competitive pay based on your skills and experience.
- Paid vacation and holidays, allowing you to recharge and enjoy your personal time.
- Health insurance coverage with HSA employer contribution.
- 401(k) with a 4% match.
- Work from home, providing flexibility and comfort in your work environment.
- Potential for occasional travel and some nights and weekends work to meet project needs.
If you're ready to take the next step in your IT career, make a meaningful impact, and enjoy a supportive work environment that values your well-being, we encourage you to apply. Join our team and contribute to the continuous improvement of our IT infrastructure while expanding your skill set.